Eyebrows are the primary architecture of the face, and play a dominant role in establishing facial expression. Eyebrows not only suggest a variety of moods, but can also show your age, emotional reactions and state of mind. If they are too thick, too thin, or arched incorrectly, you can look tired, depressed, angry, or surprised.
Cartoon artists and theater makeup artists rely heavily on the eyebrows and mouths to not only convey feelings, but also to help create the illusion of the character to be portrayed. Certain eyebrows and mouths are associated with certain personalities: smart, dumb, strong, weak, evil/mean/scary, nice, glamorous, young, old, etc.
For instance, a skinny brow highly placed and highly arched would be more suitable for a damsel in distress than a woman of power – which would need a stronger brow placed low to medium with less arch. The villain usually has angry eyebrows. To make someone look like an alien from another planet, they usually up wing the tail.
Why Get A Cosmetic Tattoo?
- You can look glamorous twenty-four hours a day with a Cosmetic Tattoo creation.
- Save time each day in the application of your make-up, no more stress or frustration trying to correct your looks and be happy facing the world each day.
- The cost for a treatment that lasts about four years is minimal compared to the time saved and the happiness and confidence you will have gained.
- A cosmetic tattoo is one of the nicest things that you can do for yourself and what a wonderful investment you will be making.
How can a cosmetic tattoo enhance my appearance?
Eyebrows frame your face and add definition beautifully. The proper positioning of eyebrows will open up your eyes and will change the appearance of the shape of your face.
What are the Pigment Lotions?
The pigment used is based on Iron Oxide a safe non-reactive substance. The Pigment Lotions are specifically manufactured for implantation into human skin. Pigment Lotions are inorganic, excluding most of the lip colours, which are organic. A powder is suspended in a solution of distilled water, and glycerine, which results in a smooth, fine creamy liquid.
There are over 60 base colours and more colours can be created by mixing colours together. We have Material Safety Data Sheets which list the exact contents of each colour we use. We create or select the colours as close to your requirements as possible. We use colours imported from reputable manufacturers in the USA, all tested and proven for over ten years. Product ingredients are listed on our bottles. The difference between our lotions and tattoo inks; Cosmetic Tattoo pigment colours have been created for using on the face and are pre-mixed and sterilized.
What Does It Look Like on the Skin?
It looks as if you applied a pencil a little softer and more muted. The colour immediately after the treatment will be stronger and darker than your desires colour. You do lose approximately 20-40% of complete colour during the healing process within 4-14 days, excluding full lip colour, which you can lose up to 80% during healing.
Who needs cosmetic tattoo treatments?
If you have little or no eyebrow hair due to over plucking or due to health problems, have gaps or scars where the hair has not grown back, people suffering with Alopecia, people who have visual problems.
Or people just wanting a definite shape to their eyebrows. You will be amazed at the change that permanent eyebrows can make in your appearance.
Cosmetic Tattoo will save your time and frustration. It will not wash off and lasts for years. At your first appointment, you will experience the Svetlana Burckhardt’s unique artistry. The technician will create your permanent eyebrows with hair stroke simulation. Colour can be implanted as in a solid look or hair strokes for a softer result.
Treatments are completed with one visit but its important for the client to return in 4 to 7 weeks for a final check up and any adjustments can be made free of charge providing the client returns within TWO months. Its called “Perfection Visit”.
People who have no definite lip shape, pale lips, sun damaged lips, uneven lips or lips that have lost their shape as a result of cold sores or injury, people who likes a definite lip shape to emphasise the mouth.
Ideal for ladies with ‘crease lines” or ladies who have had lip augmentation. Colour is implanted in a fine line on the outer edge of the lips, giving a lovely defined shape to the mouth. Lips are a sensuous feature of your face.
Cosmetic Tattoo Frequently Asked Questions
Does it hurt?
Topical anesthetic will be used before and during the procedure to minimize the pain and Yes it can be a little uncomfortable but its bearable.
Everyone has a different tolerance to pain with some feeling it more than others.
How long is the healing time?
The healing time is minimal for the treatments, hardly noticeable and a small percentage of people do have some swelling, but work and all other activities can continue immediately.
Are There Any Other Important Things That I Should Know?
YES, colour matching can be difficult at times, but we do endeavor to get the match as close to your colour request as possible. Many things can alter the end result of the pigment colour in the skin; pigment, acid, oils in your own skin, and neglecting to follow the Home Care Instructions. control.
The treatments can be permanent or semi-permanent. In some cases it has been obvious in some skins for over 12 years, which means some skins hold the colour more permanently, especially in the eye area. As mentioned before, these treatments have only been performed and promoted in the Western world for around 14 years, and the length or minimum time the colours are lasting in the skin is still under consideration.
- It is recommended a touch up of colour should be done about every 2 years to keep the treatment as new.
- If you have a history of cold sores, fever blisters or any type of sore on the lips you will have a recurrence after lip treatments. The virus always lies dormant in the skin and any trauma or stress will activate it. We recommend a course of anti cold sore treatment (such as Zovirax) at least one week prior to any lip procedure. Avoid nuts, cocoa powder, chocolate, peanut butter, brown rice, oats and other grains as these encourage herpes.
- It is important to inform us if you are on medication, suffer with keloid scarring or have any medical problems. Extended sun exposure, using Retin-A and Glycolic Acid will fade out colour from all treatments. Sun block is necessary at all times. If having a lip treatment, start conditioning lips with a moisturising cream to prevent dryness.
- The healing time is minimal for all treatments, hardly noticeable and a small percentage of people do have some swelling, but work and all other activities can continue immediately.